A king standing under a simple canopy with blue leafy capitals, based on the same cartoon as the figure in panel 2a. He is dressed in green robe with potmetal yellow cloak with a fur lining, and blue shoes. He holds on orb or a ring in his left hand and a sceptre in his right. The red background is intersected by a now illegible inscription, although three of the antiquarian observers of the window (Browne, Benson and Harrison) recorded part of the name of St Olaf (d.1030), to whom the church of St Olave in York is dedicated. Outer border of oak leaves and acorns on a ruby ground.