This panel was made up in c.1957 under the direction of Dean Eric Milner-White. It combines glass from a fifteenth-century panel, previously located in window n9 at York Minster, with glass from one of the eleven designed and made by J.W. Knowles under the direction of Rev. J.T. Fowler in 1886-8. Milner-White intended it to show St Cuthbert arriving at Melrose and being greeted by Boisil, having given his spear and horse to his attendant.