This panel is one of eleven designed and made by J.W. Knowles under the direction of Rev. J.T. Fowler in 1886-8. It shows St Cuthbert and Hildmer, on horseback, being met by Hildmer’s wife, whom Cuthbert has cured of demonic possession. The imagery of the panel, particularly the horse, landscape and costumes, shows how closely Knowles studied the original glass in the window.