The window stands directly above the altar of the Chapel of All Saints. It is one of the few windows in Archbishop John Thoresby’s eastern extension of c.1361-73 that appears, on stylistic grounds, to have been made c.1370 as the chapel first came into use. The three-dimensional quality of the canopies, with their deeply recessed windows, in particular, are indicative of this date. The window is poorly preserved, a combination of some poorly-durable glass and mechanical damage, especially that occasioned by the fire of 1829. The window was reinstalled in 1946 following the Second World War, with only minimal alteration. It was conserved by the York Glaziers Trust and returned to the Minster with internally ventilated environmental protective glazing in 2015 as part of the ‘York Minster Revealed’ project.