This panel was reinstated in the window in 1955, having previously been in window s4. It has been considerably restored, but the original frame design proves that it belongs to the Saint William Window. William stands in front of a master who is seated on an imposing chair and places his hand on a lectern. Other members of the class stand or perch on stools to either side. According to the Life, William, who grew up in Winchester, was not a model pupil.